We provide procurement support for consumables, capital items, services and IT.
Commercial Services provide procurement support for consumables, capital items, services and IT to our Northern Region DHB shareholders and healthAlliance N.Z. Limited, to enable DHBs to deliver clinical and business outcomes.
Our scope includes:
- Set the spending strategy for each category within our sphere of service, including annual procurement planning.
- Plan procurement initiatives.
- Manage the sourcing process from release to market to recommendation and award.
- Analyse outputs from our procurement initiatives, to identify the best approach for the DHBs.
- Strategically manage supplier contracts.
- Implement existing HealthSource, PHARMAC, New Zealand Health Partnerships Limited and MBIE contracts by DHBs to realise the benefit.
- Provide visibility of annual procurement planning across all procurement agencies.
- Provide consolidated reporting of all benefits across all national procurement agencies.
- Work with the Northern Region DHBs to implement a sustainable procurement framework that supports the broader social, economic, and environmental outcomes.